Highlights of Dolphins coach Adam Gase’s huddle with the media Tuesday:
- On Xavien Howard: He seems to be good. Didn’t have any setbacks. He looked good. We were happy there were no next-day issues.
- On Byron Maxwell’s MRI: We’re still looking at that right now. We’re trying to figure out if he can go this week.
- On LB Jelani Jenkins: “That’ll be tough” to go vs. Bills.
- On Pro Bowl: I feel like so many guys have played at a high level. There’s a reason we’re where we are right now. Can’t single out too many because so many have done well.
- On big plays: Not surprised because of all skill guys we have (mentions Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker). Plus had nice run-after-catch plays. QBs have done good job to let our guys have chance to get the ball.
- Says Kraig Urbik did good job moving to center vs. Jets.
- On Trevor Reilly: We felt he was guy who could fit into our program and contribute.
- On Jay Ajayi’s average going down with Mike Pouncey out: Anytime you lose one of the best players in football at their position it’s never easy to replace that. We don’t want Jay to get frustrated. It’s easy to go off on your own, don’t need him doing that. We ran into some tough defenses — that’s no hidden secret. I’m sure No. 1 priority of Bills will be stopping the run.
Check out The Palm Beach Post‘s Miami Dolphins page on Facebook.