Here is some of what Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase said Friday:
• Jason Jones was let go in an organizational decision. Best for the team.
• The team will evaluate who will be called up to replace him.
• Mario Williams has had a good week of practice. Increased chance he will play.
• Ryan Tannehill has been on Gase pretty good to get back out there and do some work. The doctor felt Tannehill was ready to take the next step with scout team stuff. See how he was looking and feeling. Tannehill would have a better chance to practice next week.
• The question Gase keeps bringing up is would there be any chance of increased risk if Tannehill plays. These are baby steps. They will ask Tannehill how he felt today. They will look for any further issues.
• Tannehill looked different. He’s just a little bit ahead of schedule if you look at that injury. I don’t know if he would be 100 percent if the time is left.
• There was a live DJ at practice today. They practiced well yesterday. It was for the team.
• Byron Maxwell is doubtful. He just has a tough injury. It’s an ankle. It’s affecting his movement pattern. It’s not as smooth as he wants it. Lack of transition and burst. Tough your body gets torqued in so many positions.
• Lafayette Pitts is a depth cornerback for the Dolphins this week.
• Gase wishes he had pulled back on Jelani Jenkins. He looks a lot better than he did last time.
• Players have arrived early at the facility this week, but in general, they’ve tried to keep things normal.
Check out The Palm Beach Post‘s Miami Dolphins page on Facebook.