DAVIE — Miami Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi missed practice Wednesday due to a concussion.
Dolphins safety Reshad Jones (calf) returned to practice and was activated to the roster.
Cameron Wake and Ndamukong Suh were not seen at the start of camp and were receiving a veteran’s rest day.
Here were some other practice observations from Miami’s sixth practice:
• Running back Storm Johnson returned to practice.
• Wide receiver Isaiah Ford (knee) remains out of practice. Not good news for the rookie.
• Jarvis Landry made a spectacular one-handed touchdown catch in passing drills. The fans let Landry hear it.
• Jakeem Grant couldn’t haul in a touchdown pass in passing drills. Grant continues to work on his pass-catching consistency.
• Ryan Tannehill hit Kenny Stills for a touchdown.
• Running back Damien Williams and defensive tackle Davon Godchaux ran first team.
• Reshad Jones popped Damien Williams in the backfield in a thud red zone drill. Jones wasted no time getting physically involved in his return from a calf injury.
• Ryan Tannehill, on a designed roll-out right, hit tight end Anthony Fasano for a touchdown. Tannehill seemed to move decently with his knee brace. Roll outs are going to continue to be a key for Tannehill in 2017.
Get Dolphins stories right to your Facebook by liking this page