DAVIE — Jay Cutler was one of the first Miami Dolphins on the practice field Tuesday, as was backup Matt Moore.
Wearing number 6, Cutler took snaps with Anthony Steen as practice ramped up.
Here are some practice observations from Miami’s Practice 11, with the preseason opener just two days away:
• Jay Ajayi (concussion) began practice in full uniform and pads. But he is still in concussion protocol.
• Safety Nate Allen (groin) is not participating. Allen’s injury is not considered serious.
• Cutler was chatting up Brandon Doughty early in practice. Perhaps thanking him for giving up number 6. That warrants at least a steak dinner, right?
• Matt Moore was first through individual quarterback drills, followed by Jay Cutler.
• Center Mike Pouncey and linebacker Neville Hewitt (shoulder) were not participating.
• Laremy Tunsil was not spotted at practice. He’s missed time for personal reasons.
• Jay Cutler’s first Miami Dolphins pass was a slant to DeVante Parker.
• Matt Moore took the first snap of Miami’s team period.
• Jay Cutler’s first team pass a bit behind Julius Thomas, who can’t reel it in. Next pass was a completed short slant to DeVante Parker.
• Brandon Doughty hit on a deep pass touchdown pass to Jakeem Grant over Tony Lippett.
• Ryan Tannehill is out on the field, obviously not in uniform. He was seen fist-bumping Jay Cutler on the side of the field. Tannehill was in Cutler’s ear for a large portion of the practice.
• Brandon Doughty hit Drew Morgan on a nice completion over the middle. Maybe all Doughty needed was the change to Number 7.
• Jay Cutler with a deep sideline pass intended for DeVante Parker, but broken up by Xavien Howard.
• Jakeem Grant is coming on an as a receiver. He seems to be gaining some confidence.
• Jay Cutler hit Jakeem Grant on a long touchdown pass over Walt Aikens.
• Jakeem Grant did have a drop on a slant near the end of practice.
Get Dolphins stories right to your Facebook by liking this page