Highlights of coach Adam Gase’s media session after Saturday’s practice:
- Gase says it’s “great” to have Mike Pouncey taking a few snaps in team drills. They’re still keeping him on schedule.
- Gase says “I’m going to talk with him” (Pouncey) about playing in games. They’re looking at the Philly week a week from now. Interesting Gase wouldn’t rule out seeing Pouncey in preseason.
- On LB Mike Hull, who’s on the spot with Raekwon McMillan out: “He’s always ready to go. He makes sure he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do. I like those three guys together.”
- RB Jay Ajayi sat out today as part of concussion protocol.
- CB Tony Lippett is dealing with a foot problem. Gase says he might need new shoes.
- OT Ja’Wuan James is “getting a little rest right now. He’s been playing extremely sore. It’s a pain-management deal.”
- LB pieces will be a “constant discussion” including Neville Hewitt and moving Kiko Alonso and Lawrence Timmons around.
- Gase talked with Ryan Tannehill regarding surgery. “He’s handling it good. He’s trying to do everything he can to help Jay out.”
- Gase says he “absolutely” has every confidence Tannehill will be healthy again for 2018.
- Gase says they “don’t want to overdo it with” Matt Moore.
- Gase says Cutler will go Thursday vs. the Ravens if he feels comfortable with offense.
- On McMillan being exposed on special teams and the risk involved: “That’s the NFL. You have to experience these things. You throw him in a real game and he’s never done it before, it’s not going to be a good result.” Says you cannot just send eight men out there on special teams.
Check out The Palm Beach Post‘s Miami Dolphins page on Facebook