DAVIE — Highlights of coach Adam Gase’s huddle with the media after Sunday morning’s practice:
- Jay Ajayi is OK. Left practice early for hydration. Says it’s more of a “conditioning” thing for him now. Ajayi is technically still in the concussion protocol because he still has to be cleared by a neurologist.
- “We’re so ‘one day at a time’ ” with Jay Cutler. “It just takes time when you haven’t done it in awhile. Every day he’s getting better.” Says Cutler made “challenging” throws today. (Two INTs on Saturday, but QBs were clean Sunday.)
- On the WR depth: “Guys are improving. It’s been competitive every day. Those younger guys are starting to feel more comfortable. We want it (making cuts) to be hard.”
- Says “nothing but positive signs we’re going in the right direction” with Mike Pouncey.
- On OT Eric Smith: “He did a really good job in the game. The defensive ends he’s going again, I know they’re backup defensive linemen, but they’re pretty good. … Anytime you find a guy who can contribute at that position, that’s valuable for us.”
- WR Leonte Carroo rested today with hamstring strain.
Check out The Palm Beach Post‘s Miami Dolphins page on Facebook