DAVIE — Here is some of what coach Adam Gase said Friday:
• Guys did a nice job of taking the information from the field to the classroom this week.
• He is optimistic about Andre Branch and William Hayes.
• DeVante Parker looked good. It’s just going to be all about when you start getting tackled live and start moving in a game that goes on the backburner. You never know what’s going to happen. He is not restricting himself in any way. He has pushed himself well.
• There’s not much the Dolphins can do to protect Jay Cutler’s ribs. He has to avoid being hit.
• John Denney makes sure the guys have a good mindset. He takes the punter and kicker under his wing.
• On Kenyan Drake, every play has a different story. The last thing he looks at is yards per carry.
• The Dolphins will sit down and discuss if Ted Larsen is an option to be active for this week.
• There will be changes to the schedule between now and kickoff because it’s a Sunday night schedule.
• He can’t wait to see what Rashawn Scott can do on Sunday. He pushed a lot of players last year. They knew he wasn’t going to be outworked.
• The team has to bring passion and swagger and fire this week. Its not about showing it visually. He can tell when he looks a guy in the eyes. Wake. Suh. Timmons. Kiko. He can tell those guys are dialed in.
• The running back group has done a nice job of protecting the football. They correct it in drills. There is personal pride with players and coaches.
• There was improvement made in pass defense from last year because there are 11 guys playing together. The defense is built through the front. Guys can’t freelance. Guys just need to go their jobs.
• He’s called plays with Senorise Perry in the game. What you see on special teams is offense. He’s going to give you everything.
• When you know a guy and know how he works and how he practices and will be on game day, that eliminates a lot of things. It took Gase a minute to figure out how guys work. He didn’t have a good feel for Ryan Tannehill last season.
Have you visited The Daily Dolphin Facebook Page? It’s really, really good