DAVIE — Here is some of what Adam Gase said Saturday before Monday Night Football at Carolina:
• Ja’Wuan James has a hamstring-ish type injury. This is the best decision for him. Really, it’s going to be about him getting healthy again. Once he gets this kind of going, we’ll
• It looks like surgery is a likelyhood for James. He can’t say if James would be able to return for a playoff game.
• Mike Pouncey feels like he needs to be out there more. It’s a good thing. They’ll be smart. Not too many reps. There is a lot to clean up on third down so he can help there.
• In regards to national television, anytime we lose, it bothers guys. At the same time, they’ve got to look at process over outcome. They have to take a look. It’s fairly obvious penalties are one of the things that need to be addressed. They made a big emphasis on it. They brought officials out to help this week.
• Asked if he wants Ja’Wuan James back, he says he likes to keep his guys but it’s a down the road issue.
• There is a good variety of pressures and coverages.
• Sounds like Michael Thomas wants to play. But we’ll see how his knee goes. He and Damien Williams being banged up and sick can be a concern.
Get stories in real time by liking the The Daily Dolphin Facebook Page