DAVIE — Here is some of what Clyde Christensen said Friday:
• The blocking hasn’t been better for Kenyan Drake than Jay Ajayi. But Drake is a home-run hitter. That’s apples and oranges. Jay would out-do Kenyan at what he does well and vice-versa. Drake gives you the big strikes. Drake is doing some special things.
• Drake needs to work on ball protection and protection (blocking). Let’s see if he can do it on a January on frozen field. A ways to go before they start making the bust in Canton, Ohio.
• The linemen have to block a bit differently for each back. You have to be careful for the inside runs that bounce outside because they can turn into holding calls. It’s not about bulldozing guys like Ajayi was.
• What’s different about Julius Thomas? Production. There is a little bit of some strides.
• Bill Belichick and the Patriots double Jarvis Landry. They feel if they do that you’re left-handed. Their change-ups don’t compromise their technique. They are man but they can double folks too. You focus on the scheme but they can also make you beat press coverage.
• Kenny Stills is one of the best receivers in the NFL. It’s upper-echelon. He is an example to his teammates.