All I know is, quarterbacks are always drafted higher than we think. And running backs and safeties have a tendency to slide.
All I know is, the Dolphins have a need at: linebacker, defensive tackle, quarterback, running back and tight end.
All I know is, I actually correctly guessed Charles Harris to the Dolphins in my first mock draft last year. That does not mean I will correctly predict anything this time. So don’t bet on it.
But I might put the positional odds something like this: linebacker (50 percent), defensive tackle (25 percent), quarterback (15 percent), running back (10 percent). I just made that up on the fly. But I’m sure Miami has sketched out every possible scenario.
Oh, Baker, Oh Baker, my Baker, come to My Field… (Unless, you know, you’re already taken…)
So here it is, Mock Draft 1.0, which sounds so, so cool.
1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2. New York Giants: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
3. New York Jets: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4. Cleveland Browns: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
5. Denver Broncos: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6. Indianapolis Colts: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
7. Tampa Bay Bucs: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
8. Chicago Bears: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
9. San Francisco 49ers: Derwin James, S, Florida State
10. Oakland Raiders: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
11. Miami Dolphins: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
12. Buffalo Bills: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
13. Washington Redskins: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
14. Green Bay Packers: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
15. Arizona Cardinals: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
16. Baltimore Ravens: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
18. Seattle Seahawks: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
19. Dallas Cowboys: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
20. Detroit Lions: Harold Landry, Edge, Boston College
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
22. Buffalo Bills: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
23. Los Angeles Rams: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
24. Carolina Panthers: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
25. Tennessee Titans: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
26. Atlanta Falcons: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
27. New Orleans Saints: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
29. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
30. Minnesota Vikings: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
31. New England Patriots: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
32. Philadelphia Eagles: Ronald Jones, RB, USC